I’ve been on the beauty school sidelines this week, which has afforded me the opportunity to do many things that I can’t typically fit into my schedule. First I’ll tell you about the sidelining situation then we’ll move on to my time-passers.
THE SIDELINE - I did one of those stupid moves where you try to touch the center of your frozen pizza while it’s still in the oven to see if it’s done. As my hand exited the oven, I caught the underside of the top heating coil and…
I haven’t been able to stand anything other than cool water on it. And since very little treatments in esthetics involve cool water, I haven’t been able to do a facial all week. It’s been sad to see my classmates have to take several of my “regulars” (although I do admit it felt good when Ms. Tammy threw a very polite fit when I had to pass her signature facial treatment off to Becky).
In the meantime, I'm still attending school... I'm just draping facial beds and waxing (the two things I probably enjoy the least about esthetics, but I’m sure probably build the most “character”). J
The week has presented me with a few extras to pass the time.
- Singing Will Smith’s “Summertime”. I can’t get the lyrics out of my head - - I even tried singing the entire last verse aloud and then doing a bow. Nothing seems to work.
- Watching National Geographic’s special on “The Skin” (which I don’t really recommend unless you enjoy watching “scarification” rituals from third world countries).
- Shopping for all my state board exam goodies - - I will definitely blog about this one. You won’t believe all the stuff I had to buy just to use to take my exam.
- Learning about LASHDIP. It’s the new craze for people that don’t want lash extensions, but would like to have a semi-permanent “AMP-UP” to their lashes. Check it out at www.lashdip.com (to ruin the suspense… it’s a semi-permanent mascara that coats every single lash individually – very cool stuff.)
- Cleaning the wax pots with acetone. (yeah. I saved the best for last.)
So, here is a look at my burn today - - yes, it looks nasty still. But I’m really hoping to be off the sidelines next week - - otherwise it might be another week of me, Will, and Jazzy Jeff:
“Adjust the base and let the alpine blast… pop in my cd and let me run a rhyme… and put your car on cruise and lay back cause this is summertime…” (summa…summa… summa-time…)
Gettin’ Beauty Schooled,