Tuesday, June 28, 2011

250+ SERVICES LATER...


For the past 10 months I’ve had to keep track of EVERY service I’ve done at school.  Herding cats - - that’s what it’s been like.

Now it’s time for me to make sure all these services are accounted for on a ton of worksheets for the state board.  It basically proves that I’ve done the minimum requirements to test for my license.  

Yesterday I finally completed all of my worksheets. If I had the physical dexterity, I would have done back hand springs.  

According to my calculations, I’ve successfully completed the following:
  • 52 Massage Treatments
  • 39 Facials with Machines
  • 50 Facials without machines
  • 16 Back Treatments
  • 15 Standard Makeup Applications
  • 15 Corrective Makeup Applications
  • 21 Eye brow arches (I know this one is an understatement)
  • 31 Waxing/Hair Removal Sessions
  • 15 Lash and Brow Tints
  • 74 Sanitation Procedures
The state board doesn’t ask about the stuff we've enjoy the most (like microderm, lashes, and chemical peels). I guess they know we’re a lot more likely to practice applying false lashes than suffer through bikini waxes. 

So, I've finished 725 hours of my required 750, and I've made roughly $327 in tips in beauty school to date (of which I spent about $300 or so during my break for dinner... or Starbucks).

Now I’m busy running around getting all the “initials” I need to receive my paperwork to schedule my state board exams. I have just a few more services to finish out my week. Next Tuesday I will do a mock demonstration of my state board exam, and Wednesday the 6th is scheduled to be my final clock-out at Nashvegas Beauty U.

I’m gonna miss this beautifully insane place.

Gettin’ Beauty Schooled,
Rita

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you really don't realize how many hours you put into doing all the "practice" (REAL THING) for everything you'll do as a professional cosmetologist until you lay it out like you did here. Holy smokes. You've been busy!

    ReplyDelete