Friday, December 10, 2010

RANDOM PHOTOS FROM BEAUTY SCHOOL

Hi all -
I thought you might enjoy some random photos from my studies at Nashvegas Beauty U. I couldn't quite work these into a blog, but didn't want them to go to waste! Enjoy!


LASHING OUT
Here's a pic of my beloved classmate and partner in beauty crime. I did full TAB LASH extensions for her. These lashes will last up to 5 or 6 days, depending upon how well they are cared for (being careful when washing your face, etc.). They are crazy comfortable - way different than a strip lash. We're super excited to learn how to do single lash extensions (one extension on each lash). BTW - I applied more for a more glamorous look, but you can go for a very natural look as well.

Bonnie before (with only her natural lashes)

Bonnie after (with a few rows of tab lash extensions)

PROJECTS? IN BEAUTY SCHOOL?
I recently completed a group project with two of my classmates. We had to do a model of the hair follicle, with all skin layers.
Initially, it was pretty unrecognizable.

We were pretty impressed with ourselves and the final result!(Side note - this was the first time I had ever used a glue gun!)



































NAILS FOR DUMMIES
Yes, this is just what it looks like. A leopard printed thumb nail. I've got a classmate that is a nail tech and I always ask for tips from her on doing my nails. Then I found these awesome nail paint pens that even amateurs like me can use and make designs on your nails. I wore leopard printed nails this week and got all kinds of compliments, so I thought I'd share info about the pens with you. You can find them at http://www.miginailart.com/. They have great tutorials that help you get the hang of it. If you're right handed, it will take a little getting used to when you switch hands, but other than that... it's so easy. (And no, I do not get paid to tell you about this stuff... but if anybody's offering, I'm listening! ha ha!)


Ok! That's all for now. Hope you enjoy the random pics! It looks like a worked these into a blog after all!

Gettin' Beauty Schooled,
Rita

1 comment:

  1. sandra and i discovered these during a pedi emergency of mine where i needed a repair but salon was closed. we bought a bunch and had fun. im really big on designs for my toes. on my nails its uusally just on my thumb. the leopards cute...
    dm

    ReplyDelete