Wednesday, November 10, 2010

2 Months Down - Reflections of My Beauty Education to Date

It’s been almost nine weeks since I began my beauty school adventures. The past two months of my life have triggered a mix of feelings about the beauty industry,  but have brought great fun and a multitude of hilarious “discoveries” for me - -like the time we were practicing makeup techniques on the dim clinic floor. Once we returned to our bright classroom we discovered that Maggie had coated me with enough blush to embarrass Tammy Faye (we blamed it on the 80’s music we were listening to at the time). There was also the first time we practiced eyebrow tinting. We weren’t very precise with our application of the dye, and I ended up looking like Bert from Sesame Street.

In reflection, here’s an inventory of stuff I’ve learned over the past eight weeks:

  • European Facial
  • Lash and brow tinting
  • Brow arching
  • Waxing – everything from brows to arms to armpits (yes, armpits), to legs and bikini
  • Makeup application – eyes, lips, cheeks, contouring, and corrective makeup
  • Face vacuuming (yes, it is exactly what it sounds like)
  • Rotary brushes and skin scrubber machines
  • Galvanic current and high frequency for acne (“zapping” zits)
  • Advanced exfoliants (mini chemical peels)
  • Strips and tab lash application (one of my faves)
  • Sanitation procedures (not one of my faves, but necessary)
  • Back treatments
  • Hand rescue treatments
  • Skin analysis and mapping
  • Extractions

And here’s a list of the stuff that is still to go:

  • Microdermabrasion
  • Chemical Peels
  • Airbrush Makeup/Tanning
  • Skin Diseases
  • pH Testing
  • Nutrition for the Skin
  • Aromatherapy
  • Facial Acupressure
  • Advanced Lymphatic Drainage
  • Body Wraps


Only about 7 more months to go…  and I’m sure there will be many, many more “discoveries” made. Let’s just pray they involve aromatherapy and not chemical peels.

Hope you’ve enjoyed the ride so far…

Gettin’ Beauty Schooled,

Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment